Tuesday, November 13, 2007

From Nightwish to Nightmare

I had two visits to Aussie. Every time, I brought back a Nightwish album for my sister.

In year 2006, I bought Highest Hope when I was in the Melbourne city; In year 2007, I bought End of an Era from somewhere near QvB.


The departure (an expel actually) of Tarja Tarunen shocked me, it was during my Uni final semester. Early this year, Anette Olzon joined as a replacement of her, but I didn't really have the time to check her out. 'til lately, my sister dug up their new songs and videos (via YouTube) and she kept expressing her sad feeling to me.

I could understand and neither I could tolerate the way Anette screwed up the beautiful Wishmaster.

It simply doesn't work. Tarja is a talented musician and an opera performer but Anette is.. Whatever she is, I am not here to whine but to say that -- not every thing is replaceable, let's call this a new band.

- yc, missing Tarja

4 comments:

Yung Jie said...

Too bad though, I never heard the new song, I will be turned off if the new female singer does the growling instead of singer. :(

Deb Koo said...

So, which album "Forever Yours" is in? and who's the singer?

Y said...

Deb,

From Century Child. Sang by Tarja.

yc

Anonymous said...

We just got the latest album. I must say we were shocked and disappointed. There's nothing special about Anette's voice. I was just telling my hubby the other day ... she's far from good. Fortunately, the quality of their music still maintain but the singing part is gone ... sadly