Saturday, August 2, 2008

Can't Delete Recurring Events in Google Calendar

In my Google Calendar, I have a bunch of recurring events from a project calendar that were moved to my default calendar when the calendar was removed, strange. When I tried to delete them by selecting "All Events in the Series", it came back with an unhelpful error message: "An error has occurred. Please try again later."

I followed the suggestion in the mailing list and it managed to solve my problem. Basically,
  1. Export my calendar to an iCal file.
  2. Delete my calendar / all events of it.
  3. Import the iCal into my calendar.
- yc

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's bad. Any chance you can get someone from Google to comment on the problem?

Anonymous said...

there is (not easy to find though):

From google help

"Clear events from your primary calendar
To clear all of the events on your primary calendar, please follow these steps:

Click the Settings link under the 'Calendars' box in the left column of the page.
Click the trash can icon to the right of your primary calendar (the first calendar in the list.)
A message will pop up that asks 'Are you sure you want to permanently delete all events on this calendar?' Click Delete.
Please keep in mind that it may take a few moments to fully access Google Calendar's features after clearing your primary calendar."