Saturday, August 16, 2008

Victim of Silverlight, Thanks to NBCOlympics

I missed Phelps' incredible match which he historically tied Spitz's record. I then had to look for the replay online (it could be on the TV some time, but I'm not sure when).

I bumped into the NBC Olympics page but unfortunately the site doesn't support Linux users.


I wondered why, 'til I logged into a Windows machine to view it remotely and found out that the NBC site is using Silverlight, bah. I have heard of Moonlight but I don't think I will invest any time now to find out how to get this video working on my machine. (Separation of concern, hey)

If Microsoft wants to win this RIA game, they gotta make it work on the Linux platform.

- yc

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure you'll even be able to watch it outside US tho. I tried, and failed.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

Nope, I couldn't view it either on another machine. I believe a proxy will work, though, technically.

yc

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was far behind the news.

yc

resident.wangsamaju said...

HIya yc, hows life. We came a long way already eh.